Guest Blogger: Many of our customers have pets so we thought we would ask an expert for some tips for keeping pets safe when you are not at home. Dan Lipschultz is the Top Dog and President of Out-U-Go! Pet Care in Denver & Boulder. Out-U-Go! has 8 locations in 3 states and has provided more than 1,000,000 dog walking and cat sitting visits over 16 years.
These are great tips, thanks Dan!
Heading out for work in the morning? Getting ready to leave town? That would all be simple enough if your pup or kitty didn’t have his or her own plans for what to do the moment you walk out the door. As any pet lover knows, often times these plans include, but are not limited to, making a gigantic mess of your house.
Out-U-Go! has been providing dog walking and pet sitting since 1996. As such, we have walked in on plenty of messes that took place after our pet parents stepped out. As fun as it is to discover an easily preventable mess, clean it all up and then call the pet parent to break the news, following these simple Do’s and Do Not’s can help keep your pets safe, secure and out of mischief while you’re away.
- DO NOT leave your pantry door open. If you do, your pet might decide to eat all your food, or at least open a big bag of chips and spread them all over your floor.
- DO keep your toilet seat down, unless you want your pup to drink all the water.
- DO NOT leave your trash can out and open. Pups love trash cans about as much as they like pantries.
- DO put away dishrags, strings, small rawhide chews or other choking hazards when you aren’t there to supervise your pets.
- DO NOT leave windows open if your cat can reach them. Your kitty might decide to go for a mid day stroll right through the screen.
- DO give your pets lots of love, scratches, treats and belly rubs before walking out the door!
- DO NOT leave home for too long at a time without having an awesome, local dog walker or pet sitter from Out-U-Go! stop by to check in on your favorite furballs.
About the Author: Dan Lipschultz is the Top Dog and President of Out-U-Go! Pet Care in Denver & Boulder. Out-U-Go! has 8 locations in 3 states and has provided more than 1,000,000 dog walking and cat sitting visits over 16 years. More information about Out-U-Go! services and franchise opportunities can be found at www.OUTUGO.com. Please let them know you were referred by Clean Conscience.